Recent summer creations inspired by water and swimming. Lakes and ripples. Carefree joy. The feeling of freedom when you float in the water.
ON MY MIND JUST NOW
- The Ebb & Flow of Creativity: feeling satisfied, happy about my new creations.
- Weekend Project: music, friends and family.
- On my Mind: Summer.
- Palette: Aquatic shades of water.
- In my Kitchen: Salad with beluga lentils, selleri, parsley, lemon, tuna and sage. Lemon cake. Sommarmat med Bergenströms
- Film: Perfect Strangers
- Reading: Karin Johannisson. Melankoliska rum. (Spaces of Melancholy)
- Writing: About sadness and melancholy.
- Scent: Modern Muse.
- On my balcony: Stargazer lily and gardenia.
ON MY MIND JUST NOW
- The Ebb & Flow of Creativity: spontaneity, independence, innovation, singularity.
- Weekend Project: deep thoughts.
- On my Mind: Technoference. Together alone. The neo-liberal paradox of a time where we are lonely and at once hyperconnected.
- TED Talk: Sherry Turkle: Connected, but alone?
- Palette: shades of swimming pool, cherries and raspberries.
- In my Kitchen: Watermelon salad with capers, olives, mint and feta cheese. Brie. Gazpacho. Iced latte with vanilla.
- Listening to: Jason Isbell and Johan Airijoki. Alabama meets Gällivare, Neil Young, and Norwegian Wood in the work of these soulful singer-songwriters.
- Film: The Bitter Tears of Petra von Kant.
- Quote: Paul Valéry: "L'homme est animal enfermé - à l'extérieur de sa cage. Il s'agite hors de soi."
- Reading: Bodil Malmsten: Så gör jag and 10tal: Förtrollning. Fantasier om en annan ordning. (The Re-Enchantment of the World), Sherry Turkle: Reclaiming Conversation: The Power of Talk in a Digital Age. (Tillbaka till samtalet – samtalets kraft i en digital tid.)
- Scent: vanilla, raspberry.
- On my balcony: pigeons trying to steal the blackcurrants.
Emojis seem to be all over the place at the moment! Happy, fun, and with a pop art palette, I designed this set of flat and bold emojis for a bit of summertime joy. Take a closer look here: Emojis, Emoticons and Smileys.
The Manchester bombing is the 13th terrorist attack in Europe since 2015. Paris, Copenhagen, Villejuif, Paris, Brussels, Magnanville, Nice, St.-Étienne-du-Rouvray, Berlin, London, Stockholm, Paris, Manchester. Another city rejecting fear and division, and instead responding with solidarity and courage.
As one taxi driver put it: “We’re glue. We stick together when it counts.”
Please feel free to save this illustration and print it out if you like.
This festive village scene is inspired by the village Dore in Yorkshire, and the Village Christmas Lantern Parade. I envision separate small scenes, unique for each dinner plate, adorned with gold rims. This is an illustration to bring cheer to the Christmas dinner table. Ceramics, table linens and decorations.