This voluptuous, English Cottage Garden is inspired by gardens in Oxford. There’s old-fashioned roses, foxglove, mock orange, delphinium, phlox, lavender, catnip, brimstone butterfly, bee, Jersey Tiger moth, cabbage butterfly, dragonfly and a ladybird. Designed to a brief with the trend Boho Exotica. Now it’s available as a cushion cover!
On My Mind Just Now
- The Ebb & Flow of Creativity: 2017 was a year of ebb. I hope 2018 will have flow!
- Film: The House by the Sea (French: La villa) with June.
- TV: The Big Painting Challenge and Countryfile. BBC One.
- In my Kitchen: Pomegranates, dill, cannellini beans, radishes, walnuts and salmon.
- Sketching: Dancers. Motion. Swing, modern, ballet and an elite gymnast.
- On my Palette: Rebel Red.
- On my Mind: The public scandal in the Swedish Academy. Sara Danius. Feminism.
- On my Balcony: Daffodils. Sage. Classic garden lights: solar powered string of bulbs.
I turned this illustration into a free printable colouring book. I think of this image as Blooms Between, or Thanks a Bunch, and it would be lovely to colour and keep. Just as perfect as giving it away as a birthday card or thank-you note.
A hand holds a bunch of flowers and leaves. There are roses, clematis, and bluebells. A butterfly lands on the tip of a finger. Perhaps the butterfly is a messenger?
I'd love to see what you create! I hope you have fun making this colouring page your own!
Here are a few sketches for a project I started working on today. The siren song of social media and mobile phones. I'm really enjoying this bleeding ink and the topic is so interesting. It would be fantastic to create some editorial illustrations on the subject of technology and how we use our digital devices.
Powered by Creative Market
I've always dreamed of making my own font and this summer when I was on holiday I got the chance to dig into the project. On rainy days and sometimes during the evenings, I'd sit down with a cup of tea, turning my calligraphy handwriting into a font that has multilingual support. The font's name, Sweet Peas Font, is inspired by the garden.
Sweet Peas Font is a bohemian, modern calligraphy font. A hand written artistic typeface, full of energy and playful elegance. It's a free spirit.
Here's the completed mini collection Bold Botanica. Here I've created three coordinating patterns to go with the main pattern with the sweet peas and honey bees. Continuing to weave in the theme of night and day. The coordinates are inspired by the trellis and by honey.
And here's the finished pattern. I think there's a flowing movement. I've created one version with a dark background and one with a light one. Like night and day.